The Mechanicsburg Area High School Alumni Association recognizes, by nomination to the "Hall of Fame", select Mechanicsburg High School graduates who have met the Hall of Fame guidelines.
Hall of Fame categories are:
- Service to Humanity
- Outstanding Achievement in a Chosen Profession
- Outstanding Achievement in Athletics
- Loyalty to Mechanicsburg Area High School
- An alum may not nominate him/herself.
- An alum does not need a college degree, nor have they ever needed a college degree to qualify for one of the above noted Hall of Fame awards. In fact, numerous Hall of Fame inductees have not had a college education.
- A nominated alum must qualify first for induction into the Hall of Fame. Qualification will be determined by the Hall of Fame Committee upon submission of the nomination application information.
- Upon qualification approval, a nominee is only eligible for one of the above awards. Also, should said nominee be inducted into the Hall of Fame, he/she will not be considered for future induction into another category.
- Qualified candidates not selected in the year of their nomination will be reconsidered for a maximum of four more successive years. After that, an updated application must be resubmitted to remain an active qualified nominee.
- Selections are limited to four per year, and no more than two in any one category.
- A nominee for Outstanding Achievement in Athletics must have graduated at least ten years prior to qualify. Consideration is based on high school and post-high school achievement in athletics.
- A nominee for Outstanding Achievement in a Chosen Profession or for Service to Humanity must have graduated at least twenty years prior to qualify.
- A nominee for Loyalty to Mechanicsburg High School must have graduated at least fifteen years prior to qualify. Furthermore, consideration of a nominee in this category includes, but is not limited to, substantial and/or consistent donations to the Association, contributions of time and effort to the Association in service as a general member or officer and/or service to Mechanicsburg Area School District (not necessarily one class) as a long-time employee, teacher, coach or volunteer interacting with students in the Mechanicsburg Area School District.
- Nominations must be submitted by 12/31 prior to the Annual Alumni Dinner meeting.
To nominate a person, please submit the following:
- A narrative letter about your relationship to the nominee and why you feel this alumni should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Include any personal stories about the nominee you feel are appropriate.
- A current high resolution color photo of the nominee.
- A completed Hall of Fame Nomination Form, located here: Hall of Fame Nomination Form
MAHSAA Hall of Fame Committee
100 Highland Circle
Etters, PA 17319
Hall of Fame Inductees